Its finally here, this Saturday is the Ballina Prawn Festival! So get yourself ready for a day of fun and excitement as we celebrate the pride of Ballina, the Prawn!
Here's a final checklist to get you ready for this year's Ballina Prawn Festival.
1 - Check your Tickets
2 - Check your Registration
If you are wanting to compete in any of the events of the day you'll need to make sure you are registered. Registration is needed for Prawn Shelling, Sandcastle Building, Las Balsas Raft Building & Race and for the Fair Go Skate Comp.
3 - Check the Program
It's always a good idea to have a look at the Event Program, so that you know exactly what's going on and you won't miss out on any of the festival's exciting events.
4. Check your Maps
The location for the Ballina Prawn Festival is Missingham Park, where North Creek feeds into the Richmond River. To put on this year's Festival, some road closures and detours have been put in place. The Missingham Park Carpark will be closed, but there is free parking available off Bentinck St in the Seagulls Carpark. There will also be a Disabled and Elderly Patrons Buggy to run those who need assistance to and from the Festival. For Information see our Getting Here page.
5. Check what else you are going to do.
If you are staying in Ballina for more than just the Festival on Saturday then you are in for a bonus treat. There is so much to do in the region, and the Northern Rivers Experience contains so much.
- Take in our amazing landscape that is simply beautiful all year round. This region has so many picturesque walks and trails, and the waterfront is always spectacular.
- The food is varied and mouthwatering with the local chefs and cooks taking advantage of the abundant, fresh local ingredients.
- There is so much history and heritage to discover, unearth a new story around every corner and find out what has built the region to be what it is today.
- Take time to wander the shops, there are so many talented local artists and craftspeople that finding presents for yourself or others should be easy.
Click here to read more about the Northern Rivers Experience!