EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Ballina Prawn Festival is an iconic celebration of the rich character and unique features of Ballina, home of the Famous Big Prawn.
Set on the banks of the glorious Richmond River, the Ballina Prawn Festival is one whole day and night of fun, laughter and community. From tasting the delicious sizzling prawns, mingling amongst the buzzing crowds, or taking an exhilarating spin on the Ferris wheel, the Ballina Prawn Festival delights young and old. This quirky celebration of rich local heritage has a raft of unique, often hilarious and very entertaining activities where audience participation is warmly encouraged.
Festival visitors can enjoy exciting rides, great music; delicious food and can even join in the hilarious DIY Raft Race!
The Ballina Prawn Festival is a quintessential Aussie event and a wonderful celebration of the laid backed Ballina lifestyle and brings together thousands of local residents and visitors from throughout the Northern Rivers and beyond. There is something for everyone, with a raft of activities and entertainment planned for the day.
How can I set up my site?
- You will be allocated a site within one of our Stall Site areas, you are required to supply your own shade tent (if required) and all other required equipment i.e. tables, chairs. Your site size will be 3m x 3m; you must not exceed this space. If your set up requires a larger space, please provide details on application form. No tents, gazebos, or enclosed infrastructure to be used within indoor sites. Please discuss with our event manager prior to festival if this is a concern.
When do I have to set up by?
- Each Stall Site must be set up by 8am Saturday 11th November 2017
When do I have to have my site packed up by?
- All Stall Sites must be packed down by 10am Sunday 12th November 2017
# Any severe or intentional damage done to the site area will result in financial penalties
- In the spirit of the festival, to be considered as a Food Vendor, you will be required to serve a prawn dish OR serve a prawn 'theme' dish (ie. Pink 'Prawn' Sundae, Prawn shaped cupcakes)
BOOKING COST AND POLICY
3x3m site $400 plus GST
3x6m site $500 plus GST
*site fees include 10amp power (discount applies if you do not require power)
Larger size outside sites may be available upon request – extra charges may apply.
If anything more than one 10 amp power outlet is required, an extra charge of $200.00 plus GST will apply – please see further details in Utility Section.
Quarter Cold Room $100 plus GST
Half Cold Room $200 plus GST
Full Cold Room $400 plus GST
All Applications of Interest are due by 1st August 2017.
If a stallholder chooses to cancel a site booking more than 21 days prior to the Ballina Prawn Festival event date - no financial penalty will apply. Any cancellations within 21 days of the event date will result in the forfeit of your paid security deposit and all fees.
The Ballina Prawn Festival will provide a dedicated 10amp power plug in to your site. You will need to supply your own leads and power boards. Any additional power is available for hire for an additional cost. All electrical leads and equipment are to be tested and tagged by a licensed operator and must be current. Our Workplace Health and Safety Officer will access your site for inspection; failure to comply may result in the inability to trade at the festival.
Due to the significant amount of persons on the grounds there are restrictions on vehicle access during the event. No vehicle is to be on the grounds without prior permission and a vehicle access permit (you will need to provide specific vehicle details to Ballina Prawn Festival Management to obtain this permit).
A portion of a cold room can be provided for your use at the festival at an additional. You may only access your cold room for no more than once per hour.
**Please note that if you do not provide your own sufficient cold room facilities as per the requirements of the Food Safety Inspector, you will be required to purchase a portion of the cold room facilities at the festival.
#Failure to list any extra requirements for power may result in disappointment and inability to trade.
Minimum trading hours are as follows – you MUST remain open within these hours.
Saturday 11th November 2017 – 10am until 10pm
Each stall site holder must have public liability insurance, please provide a copy of this with your application. Your application will not be considered for approval without Insurance details.
Food Safety Certificates
Each stall site holder must have all relevant food safety certificates, please provide a copy of this with your application. Your application will not be considered for approval without these details. Inspections will also take place on the festival day early in the morning.
All signage must be contained within the boundary of your site. It may not intrude into any walkways or thoroughfares in the interest of Workplace Health and Safety.
Tickets and Passes
The Ballina Prawn Festival is a fully ticketed event, no person will be granted entry without a ticket. Festival management will arrange appropriate passes for yourself and your staff to gain access. A list of names and the details of which days passes are required for will be required.
Festival Management reserves the right to request the removal of any goods for sale at their discretion. If any goods are not within the expected quality and appropriate to the festival – management may request their removal.
This festival has a significant focus on recycling and sustainability. As such, only sustainable material can be provided at the festival. If successful, further information will be provided in this regard.
1st August 2016 - Stallholder Expression of Interest, all insurance and license requirements due. EXTENDED TO 21ST AUGUST 2017
7th August 2016 - Management will make contact with all applicants to confirm acceptance and provide further details
It is extremely important to supply all information as requested to allow for festival management to make appropriate decisions
Stall Site Terms and Conditions
"Festival Organisers" refers jointly and severally to the Ballina Shire Council, Ballina Chamber of Commerce, the Ballina Prawn Festival and all persons, associations, corporations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging of the Ballina Prawn Festival.
"Site" refers to areas allocated by the event organisers for stalls, food outlets, caravans, tents, rides or any other area occupied by individuals or organisations that derive income from such stall, ride, activity or display.
"Stallholder" refers to operators of such stalls, rides, activities or displays, be they individuals, firms, corporations or associations.
- Site fees – as per separate schedule.
- The Site-holder shall have a Public Liability Insurance Policy extended to include the Site-holder during the period of the Festival, and shall submit a copy of the policy or certificate of currency with site application.
- Electrical leads and Appliances must display a current tag of inspection, OR be plugged into a currently tagged Residual Current Device (RCD). No untagged or unprotected leads or appliances will be allowed to be used on the site.
- Site set up – as per separate schedule.
- The area allotted is to be used solely for the purposes specified; all business and demonstrations are to take place within the allotted area only.
- Site-holders dealing in foodstuffs shall abide by any and all health regulations of Ballina Shire Council.
- Gambling, disposing of any article by lot or chance, raffles, the sale of Art Union tickets and the conducting of any competition or game are not permitted without the written permission of the Manager.
- The Operations Manager or their delegate shall have the power to enter any site and demand the removal of any article, sign, picture, printed matter etc. that in their opinion is not in keeping with the theme of the Festival; is not in keeping with the purpose specified for that particular site; and/or may cause offence to the public.
- The display of advertising signs of any description is restricted to the site space allowed.
- Stallholder passes are not transferable. Sufficient passes for staff, helpers, rostered personnel etc should be obtained. It is the responsibility of the Stallholder to distribute these passes. Those without passes will be required to pay entry.
- Site only is supplied. All other requirements are the responsibility of the stallholder.
- Stallholders must familiarise themselves with the location of the nearest fire extinguisher, fire hose, first-aid room, Workplace Health and Safety personnel and safety procedures.
- Festival organisers shall not be held liable for any loss or damage to site-holders property for any reason whatsoever.
- The Stallholder hereby indemnifies Festival Organisers and agrees to hold them indemnified against all actions, suits, costs, claims, and demands brought against them by any person, firm, or corporation, and against all damage done either directly or indirectly to, or sustained by, any of the Festival Organiser’s property, or the property of any person, firm or corporation, or person then on any part of the Ballina Prawn Festival’s property, arising out of any act, or default or omission, of the Site-holder, his or its servants, workmen, or agents, or by anything owned, operated, worked or exhibited, displayed, demonstrated by or under the control, direct or indirect, of the Site-holder. All repairs to any such property may be carried out by the Festival Organisers, and the Stallholder shall pay to the Ballina Prawn Festival, the cost of such repairs upon being notified of the amount.